Careers We're looking for talented people to join our team
Why work at Comparison Tech?
When you choose a career with us you get access to a wide range of excellent, highly competitive benefits.
Private medical cover
Income protection cover
Health cash plan
Smart-casual dress code
Career progression training
Mental health first-aid team
Emotional, physical and wellbeing support
Paid dependents leave
Up to 30 days’ holiday
Enhanced parental leave
Discounted gym membership
Retail and cinema discounts
- DepartmentPeople Team
Comparison Tech is the UK’s leading independent comparison, switching and customer acquisition platform in Home Services, delivering brilliant deals to over 1 million UK consumers each year. We are currently looking for an experienced People Administrator to join our dedicated People Team. The People Administrator would be responsible for the People administration of the employee lifecycle, including starters, leavers, maternity, paternity and absence, ensuring that the highest possible level of support is provided to our employees. The role would include working closely with our Finance team to ensure smooth payroll administration and would also look after the administration of our brilliant benefits.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
People Administration & Systems
- Being responsible for People administration including updating trackers and producing employee letters and communication regarding leavers, promotions, change of terms, maternity etc.
- Working with the Finance team to ensure changes are communicated to payroll in a timely way, with 100% accuracy
- Ensuring our People system, PeopleHR, is updated and maintained with 100% accuracy, including work patterns
- Becoming a Super User for PeopleHR.This includes being curious about the system and ensuring we are making best use of all system capabilities, and making recommendations for change
Data & Reporting
- To be the expert for PeopleHR reporting, running reports on an ad-hoc basis
- Undertaking monthly compliance tasks
- Analysis and manipulation of People data as needed
Supporting the Team & Projects
- To be a proactive, positive, energetic and supportive member of the HR team, actively contributing to team projects to constantly make Comparison Tech a great place to work
- Providing notetaking and support in formal People meetings and producing a coherent and accurate record of those meetings to be shared with the participants.
- Constantly reviewing and questioning our way of working, always looking for efficiency and improvements to make sure we provide the best possible level of service
- Other ad hoc duties and special projects
Employee Facing Support
- Ownership of People inboxes, with responsibility for monitoring, responding to employees and actioning the queries and requests that come through
- Being the first point of contact for any benefit queries including the following EAP, eyecare vouchers, life assurance, staff discounts and offers, pension etc.Will also be responsible for liaising with third party suppliers where relevant
- Resolving People queries which are within sphere of knowledge and escalating appropriately where necessary.Ensuring that any responses are in line with legal obligations and taking into account the culture of Comparison Tech.
What experience will you need?
- Previous experience of working in a HR Administration role
- Experience of Payroll Administration would be beneficial
- Loves administration and doing a really good job
- Proven high attention to detail and loves looking at data
- Great written skills
What personal skills are needed for the role?
- Is warm, personable and happy to help in any way that they can
- Likes dealing with people and is confident in dealing with people face to face
- Is a great team player and is happy to be involved in a wide variety of projects
- Has brilliant customer service and always wants to excel
- Has real pace and energy about their work, a passion for getting it done well and on time
- A real love of systems and processes and will challenge our way of working and make recommendations for what we can do better
- Has a desire to grow and develop in a professional People role
- Is a great cultural fit for Comparison Tech and wants to work in a progressive, flexible, fun HR environment
What we offer?
Our aim at Comparison Tech is to offer an inclusive great place to work for all of our colleagues. We are passionate about building diverse teams and celebrate individuality. We love seeing our people develop their careers with us and in return reward our talented teams with competitive salaries and great benefits including:
- Hybrid working; 2 days a week in our beautifully located office in Kent, and 3 from home
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Private Medical insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- 2 days paid time off for you to support your loved ones
- Celebration day leave
- Income protection cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Retail discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning content for you to develop your skills
- Company events
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme